Mayor Rick Baker has 40 priorities he wants to tackle before he leaves office in January 2010.
They are, in no particular order:
1. Finish the Jordan School renovation in Midtown.
2. Celebrate the opening of the U.S. Department of Labor's Job Corp. campus in Midtown.
3. Celebrate the opening of the new St. Petersburg Tennis Center in Midtown.
4. Break ground on a SunTrust bank in Midtown.
5. Expand a playground at Dell Holmes Park.
6. Promote restaurants, sidewalk cafes and retailers on Beach Drive.
7. Promote the new Chihuly Collection at the Arts Center.
8. Promote the new Salvador Dalí Museum.
9. Celebrate the opening of the new American Stage Theater at St. Petersburg College.
10. Help secure a new owner for BayWalk.
11. Encourage hotel growth downtown.
12. Monitor discussions about the Tampa Bay Rays' new stadium.
13. Promote the annual Honda Grand Prix.
14. Map a plan for the vacant Al Lang Field.
15. Help the Mahaffey Theater become more viable.
16. Secure more events such as marathons for downtown.
17. Break ground on a $2.2-million control tower at Albert Whitted Airport.
18. Expand the city's trails.
19. Secure funding for an overpass connecting U.S. 19 with Interstate 275.
20. Build at least 20 more playgrounds.
21. Wrap up construction on SRI International's new facility.
22. Start construction on Draper Labratory's new facility.
23. Start construction on Jabil Circuit's new headquarters.
24. Come up with a plan for the Pier.
25. Keep Muvico downtown.
26. Plant trees to offset recycling emissions from Pinellas County's proposed curbside recycling program.
27. Add new environmentally-friendly street lights.
28. Become first Florida city to earn a gold rating from the Florida Green Building Coalition.
29. Secure funding for Pinellas Hope for 2010 budget.
30. Spend $9.4-million on foreclosed homes under federal emergency housing assistance program.
31. Host foreclosure assistance information fair.
32. Promote affordable housing developments.
33. Find a tenant for the Manhattan Casino.
34. Add 10 more sponsors to bring the number of corporate partners on the city's education programs to 100.
35. Find a tenant for the South Core Garage.
36. Promote downtown farmer's markets.
37. Promote First Night.
38. Reduce crime.
39. Increase the number of police officers to 540.
40. Find a tenant for the restaurant space in the Albert Whitted Airport terminal.