The following members of the Navy attended the inactivation of aircraft carrier USS Enterprise (CVN 65), which was the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier. Enterprise completed its 25th and final deployment. The ceremony was the last official public event for the ship, on which more than 100,000 sailors served.
• Navy Petty Officer 1st Class William A. Urpsis, son of Louise and William P. Urpsis of St. Petersburg. He joined the Navy in August 1997.
• Navy Seaman Crystal J. Rone, a 2003 graduate of Boca Ciega High School.
• Navy Seaman Recruit Cassidy T. Sullivan, daughter of Teri L. Sullivan of Treasure Island and Maurice J. Sullivan III of Spring Arbor, Mich. She joined the Navy in July 2011.
• Navy Fireman Victoria L. Perez, daughter of Lora L. Tierney of St. Petersburg and John W. Tierney of Norborne, Mo. She is a 2007 graduate of Pinellas Park High School.
• Navy Airman Carlita K. Harris, daughter of Carolyn Knight-Harris and Arvis Harris Sr. of St. Petersburg. She is a 2003 graduate of Gibbs High School.