• Once dismissed as a fringe contender, businessman Donald Trump now is all but certain to lead the Republican Party into the fall presidential campaign against Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton — a stunning political triumph for a first-time candidate whose appeal to frustrated voters was widely underestimated.
• Donald Trump's blockbuster night in Indiana got the political class buzzing about a running mate, and Marco Rubio was frequently named.
• Strong storms greeted morning commuters across the Tampa Bay region today, and the National Weather Service warned of severe weather around the area.
• It took a full day for the top medical official on duty at Miami's juvenile lockup to read the "sick call" report on Elord Revolte, a 17-year-old who said he had been "stomped in his chest" during an Aug. 30 beatdown by more than a dozen detainees. But then it was too late.
• U.S. companies added jobs at the slowest pace in three years in April, a private survey found, a sign that slower growth and volatile financial markets could weigh on hiring.
• HSN, St. Petersburg's TV and digital shopping giant, reported both shrinking sales and declining profits in its latest quarterly earnings report this morning, red flags that one of Tampa Bay's top public companies is fighting – like many retailers -- a rapidly changing world in how consumers choose to buy stuff.
• London Philips, Florist Fire and Kendra Scott are the latest retailers to join the expanding Hyde Park Village in South Tampa. Who else has recently expanded in South Tampa?
• The best gift for moms is your time and attention. Several attractions in the area are offering freebies and free admission for moms with any paid admission from their admiring family. Find out how moms save this weekend on their day.
• What started as an inside joke among Star Wars fans, greeting each other with, "May the Fourth be with you," has turned into a full-fledged Star Wars Day holiday. It's an excuse to have parties and spend money on Star Wars collectibles (like we need a special day for that). Here's all you need to know about parties, shopping and more. Not quite freed up from the work week? Here's a planner for your weekend.
News at noon is a weekday feature from tampabay.com. Check in Monday through Friday for updates and information on the biggest stories of the day.