• President Barack Obama opened a brief trip to Saudi Arabia on Wednesday with a one-on-one meeting with King Salman in Riyadh. The visit for a Persian Gulf summit comes against the backdrop of increasingly strained U.S. relations with the Saudis, who remain deeply opposed to his outreach to Iran and skeptical of his approach to Syria.
• Sen. Marco Rubio continues to block a South Florida judicial nominee he recommended to the White House and has likely killed her chances of being confirmed. He refuses to say why.
• Donald Trump's campaign has been crying foul over the delegate selection in Florida, accusing Republican Party insiders of stacking the deck against Trump. According to PolitiFact Florida: Donald Trump manager Corey Lewandowski botches claim on Florida delegate selection.
• In praising conservative principles at work in government during a speech in New Port Richey on Tuesday night, Gov. Rick Scott was sure to thank a mostly GOP-crowd for electing a majority of Republicans to the Florida Legislature and to the Florida Cabinet over the years.
• A former Florida Power & Light manager traded nuclear information from the company for cash to assist one of China's top nuclear power companies, according to federal court records unsealed in Tennessee last week.
• Hillsborough County commissioners on Wednesday approved a $40 million renovation of George M. Steinbrenner Field, greenlighting an agreement that will keep New York Yankees' spring training in Tampa through 2046.
• Crews continue to search for a man who disappeared beneath the waters of Tampa Bay about 2 miles west of Little Harbor. The missing boater, a service member assigned to U.S. Operations Command at MacDill Air Force Base, disappeared shortly before noon Tuesday after diving from a boat in an effort to jar loose an anchor that had become stuck below the surface,
• With the recent opening of the Treasure Island Beach Resort, aggressively expanding Ocean Properties has become the largest owner and operator of hotel rooms in Pinellas County. Although one of the last few hubs of Mom and Pop hotels, Treasure Island is not immune to bigger hotel chains filling in consumers' new wants and needs.
• Tampa Bay home prices shot up nearly 11 percent in March, the third consecutive month to show healthy gains.
• Find our critics' top picks for the stage, the movies, dining out and more in our Weekend Planner page. From dining to movies, music to shopping, our insiders help you plan your activities for the end of the week.
• Let's break down the NFL draft, position by position. Beat writer Greg Auman has listed his top five draft prospects from college as well as his predictions for NFL free agency.
Photo by Gail Earley | Times
News at noon is a weekday feature from tampabay.com. Check in Monday through Friday for updates and information on the biggest stories of the day.