• A small number of U.S. special operations forces will be deployed to northern Syria to work with local ground forces in the fight against Islamic State militants, the Associated Press reports. The deployment marks the first time U.S. troops will be working openly on the ground in Syria.
• Another downtown St. Petersburg condo project, Arlington Lofts, has experienced a host of problems. Chief among them was water seeping behind the exterior walls and into the units themselves. Now, like their fellow condo owners at Signature Place, Arlington unit owners are wondering whether city inspections were adequate then and are now, especially with hundreds of new condos and apartments under construction downtown.
• The video shows how easily — and quickly — your car can be stolen. A driver pulls up to the gas pump and walks inside to pay. Another car races up beside the pumps. A group of people jump out and take off in the other driver's car. Time elapsed: 16 seconds.
• Sen. Marco Rubio, who was blasted by Jeb Bush at the GOP debate Wednesday for missing so many votes, returned to Washington to vote against the budget deal, which passed the Senate early Friday morning.
• Now that Florida is even more important as Bush's campaign has faltered, the former governor has added stops in Orlando and Jacksonville on Monday after a grassroots rally in Tampa.
• Leah Remini is the latest actor to join the list of those willing to spill secrets about the Church of Scientology. Here's a preview of what she's saying tonight on ABC's 20/20.
• The theft and butchering of a professional equestrian's horse in Manatee County made national headlines. Justine Griffin and Tracey McManus look at why we ride horses and don't butcher or eat them in America.
• Speaking of horses, a South Tampa doctor is keenly interested in Saturday's Breeders' Cup Classic. That's because he is a minority owner of Donegal Racing's Keen Ice, which once again could upset Triple Crown winner American Pharoah.
TIME CHANGE REMINDER: Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend. Remember to "fall back'' an hour before you go to bed Saturday night.