Thursday: End of third quarter.
Friday: Teacher planning day. No school for students.
March 17-21: Spring break.
March 31: Report cards.
• Throughout March, the Downtown New Port Richey Art Gallery, 6231 Grand Blvd., will feature an extensive photography exhibition from the Pasco eSchool, a virtual classroom, with students enrolled from all over Pasco County. For information, call (727) 848-6500 or email email@example.com.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7381:
• Fivay High drama presents, Wonderland at 7 p.m. Thursday-Saturday.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. (813) 794-8772
• Jack Hartmann, Movin' to Math, 10:30 a.m. and noon Thursday. Grades K -2. $4.
• John Long Middle band and orchestra concert, 7 p.m. Thursday.
• James M. Marlowe Elementary School's food drive. Feed a Child's Belly with Peanut Butter and Jelly! is under way. Donations of jars of peanut butter and jelly along with other nonperishable food items are welcome through Wednesday and will be donated to a local food bank in time for spring break.
• The Safety Patrol Program at Wesley Chapel Elementary School will be collecting cat food through Thursday for the Labor of Love Animal Rescue as its community service project with a goal of collecting at least 2,000 cans of cat food. To help, contact Chris Gorman at (813) 794-0100.
• The Mitchell High Boy's Golf Team's ninth Annual Mustang Golf Scramble will be held on May 4 at Fox Hollow Golf Club in Trinity. Registration begins at noon with a shotgun start at 1:30 p.m. Cost is $90 or $320 for a foursome and includes the cart and greens fee, awards dinner, range balls, tee gifts, on course contests and door prizes. Hole sponsorships are $100 with other packages available. Proceeds benefit the Mitchell Golf Team. Checks should be made payable to "Mitchell Boy's Golf," and mailed to Rick Hyatt, 1827 Kinsmere Drive, Trinity, FL 34655 or to Mitchell High School, 2323 Little Road, New Port Richey, FL 34655 Attn: Coach Hyatt. Deadline for entry is April 24 For information, call (727) 372-3176 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ING's Unsung Heroes Grant Program is accepting applications for 2014 awards. Every year, 100 educators are selected to receive awards of $2,000 each. Three finalists are then chosen to receive additional funding of $25,000; $10,000; and $5,000. Awards are to be used to further projects within the school or school systems. Applicants must: provide a thorough description of the project; demonstrate how the program directly benefits students, the school, parents and the community; and put together a budget showing how they would spend the $2,000 grant and potential additional funding. The application deadline is April 30. For information, Pasco County educators can call Fawn Lane at (813) 956-6658 or Scott Mitchell at (813) 419-3771. Applications can be submitted online at unsungheroes.scholarshipamerica.org.
Centennial Park, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday, (727) 834-3204.
• Teen Advisory Board, 4 p.m. Tuesday.. Stay for video games after the meeting.Grades 6-12.
• Lego Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday. For kids of all ages and their families.
• PAWS for Friendship, 4 p.m. Thursday. Reluctant readers and readers of all skill levels can practice reading aloud to a friendly therapy dog. Elementary grades.
• Anime Club, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades 6-12.
Hudson Regional, 8012 Library Road, (727) 861-3040.
Tween Game Day, 2-3:15 p.m. Saturday. Grades 4-7.
Land O'Lakes, 2818 Collier Parkway, (813) 929-1214.
• Teen Advisory Board, 6 p.m. Tuesday. Grades 6-12.
• Beginning Mandarin Chinese, 10 a.m. Saturday. Ages 10 and up.
• Reading Buddies, starting at 10 a.m. Saturday.Elementary school readers can sign up for reading practice with a friendly volunteer. Bring a favorite book or choose one from the library. To register, call the library at (813) 929-1214. Elementary grades.
• Kids Crafts: Good Luck Charms, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K-5.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills, (813) 788-6375.
• Homework Help for grades 1-5, 3:30-5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays.
• Knitting Club, 6 p.m. Thursday. Learn basic knitting techniques. Bring a pair of size 8 knitting needles and a ball of No. 4 yarn. Grades 6 and above.
• Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament, 6 p.m. Friday. Win prizes for the top five finishers ($50 in prizes)! Grades 4-12.
• Children's Craft Corner, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K-5.
• RPG Gaming, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades 4 and above.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey, (727) 861-3049.
• Anime Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday. Grades 6-12..
• Reading to your BFFs, 4:30 p.m. March 13. Reluctant readers (and readers of all skill levels) can practice reading to a friendly therapy dog. Elementary grades.
• Lucky Little Leprechauns, 2 p.m. Saturday. Grades K-5.
South Holiday, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, (727) 834-3312.
• Lego Maniacs, 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Grades K-5.
• Pi Day, 4 - 5 p.m. Friday. All ages.
• To Catch a Leprechaun, 2-4 p.m. Saturday. Grades K-5.
• Applications are being accepted for The Suncoast Credit Union 2014 College Scholarship Program. High school seniors can apply online for these renewable awards: One $10,000 per year in scholarship funds for pursuit of a four-year bachelor's degree at a 4-year university; renewable for up to four years for those who maintain good standing. A $6,000 per year for two years scholarship for the pursuit of an associate in arts degree followed by $10,000 per year for 2 years to complete a bachelor's degree at a four-year university; renewable for up to four years for recipients in good standing. A $6,000 per year scholarship for 2 years during the pursuit of workforce preparation through an associate of science or associate in applied science degree. This award is renewable up to two years for recipients in good standing. Deadline to apply is March 31. For application, go to suncoastcreditunion.com.
Students of the Month
• Hudson Elementary School: Felix Penalver, Annika Sly, Keeanna Koberna, Adison Chapman, Ethan Smiley, Mehkala Easter, Malachi Mahoney, Brianna Jaycox, Jack Witeck, Domenic Grosso, Cole Sullivan, Danisha Santiago, Witney Charlanel, Sam Roxborough, Preston Eggers, Alejandro Matos-Proenza, Adam Foster, Kayden Newkirk, De'Shaun Byrd, Isabella Rosario, Isabella Rosario, Kendall Heatherly, Madison Manila, Kayleigh Torrey, Halle Joyner, Nicole Cercado, Jade Andesen, Robert Handler and Alexis Ney.
• Note: Wibriel Rivera was named student of the month at Bayonet Point Middle School. Due to incomplete information from the school, his name was not included in a previous listing.
Send your school news to email@example.com.