Rick Scott's inauguration plans include candlelight dinner for donors
TALLAHASSEE — Rick Scott, who won the governor's race promising to cut wasteful spending, will celebrate his Jan. 4 inauguration over two days in Tallahassee with a parade, an inaugural ball and a candlelight dinner for Republican Party donors who pay up to $25,000 each to foot the bill.
"Ann and I are looking forward to celebrating with our fellow Floridians," Scott said in a news release announcing the schedule of events. "We have much to celebrate during this inauguration as we welcome a new slate of officers with a renewed focus on Florida's path to prosperity."
Scott's inauguration committee also unveiled its website, www.scottcarrollinaugural.com.
Most events will require tickets, available for purchase only by invitation. Donors who give the maximum $25,000 will receive up 10 tickets to each event.
Scott's inauguration team said it will announce other events around the state in the coming weeks.
Michael C. Bender can be reached at [email protected] or (850) 224-7263.
© 2017 Tampa Bay Times
• Salute to Women in Leadership Breakfast, Florida State University Alumni Hall, 8:30 to 10 a.m. (ticketed event).
• A Tribute to the First Lady: Honoring Ann Scott, the Mary Brogan Museum of Art and Science, noon to 1:30 p.m. (ticketed event).
• Military Appreciation: Honoring Those Who Serve, 2 to 4 p.m. (open to public).
• Forging a Path to Prosperity Reception, Goodwood Museum and Gardens, 5 to 6:30 p.m. (ticketed event).
• Celebrating Florida's Future Youth Concert, Leon County Civic Center Arena, 6 to 7:30 p.m. (open to public).
• Friends of the Inaugural Candle Light Dinner, Mission San Luis, 8 to 10 p.m. (ticketed event).
• Inaugural prayer breakfast, Florida A&M University, 8 to 10 a.m. (ticketed event).
• Swearing-in ceremony, historic Capitol, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (open to public).
• The Governor's Let's Get to Work Leadership Luncheon, Capitol building, 22nd Floor, 12:30 to 2 p.m. (ticketed event).
• Inaugural parade, Monroe Street, 2:15 to 4:15 p.m. (open to public).
• Governor's Mansion open house, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. (open to public).
• Inaugural ball, Leon County Civic Center, 7 p.m. (ticketed event).