ST. PETERSBURG — A man working for a tree service died Saturday afternoon after he was electrocuted.
About 12:30 p.m., St. Petersburg firefighters responded to 247 23rd Ave. SE, and found a man dangling from a tree, officials said. He was unconscious after coming in contact with a power line. Soon after, a ladder truck arrived and carefully reached the man, who was dangling from his safety harness about 40 feet in the air.
The man, about 50 years old, was in cardiac arrest. Crew members on the aerial platform performed CPR, but he was later pronounced dead at Bayfront Health St. Petersburg.
The man has still not been identified, and the incident remains under investigation.