LARGO -- Police have identified a man who was electrocuted Saturday afternoon while working for a tree service.
Gilpedro Rivera-Torres, 51, of 1711 Patlin Circle N in Largo, was found dangling from his safety harness suspended about 40 feet in the air. Rivera-Torres, who worked for Sierra Lawn Care, touched his pole to a power line and electrocuted himself.
St. Petersburg firefighters responded to the call at 247 23rd Ave. SE around 12:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Police say he immediately lost consciousness and was taken to Bayfront Hospital. He was pronounced dead by an emergency room doctor at 1:12 p.m.
Colleen Wright can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 893-8313. Follow @Colleen_Wright on Twitter.