PASS-A-GRILLE — A tree trimmer was injured while cutting near power lines Thursday afternoon, fire officials said.
It happened about 3:40 p.m. in the alleyway off 11th Avenue near Gulf Way, said St. Pete Beach Fire Rescue spokesman Ernie Hand.
Witnesses said the tree trimmer's clothing was on fire when he fell from a ladder to the ground.
Hand said it was not clear if the man, who fell about 15 feet, was electrocuted. The man, who was not a local resident, was conscious when he was transported to a hospital for observation, Hand said.
His name was not released.