TAMPA -- Hillsborough County rescue workers evacuated a shopping plaza in north Tampa after a gas leak was detected Wednesday night. Fire Rescue responded to the plaza at 2726 E Fowler Avenue near N 30th Street at 8:22 p.m. A security guard called authorities after smelling natural gas near FirstWatch restaurant, spokeswoman Nacole Revette said. There was a heavy smell of gas when Fire Rescue arrived and adjacent buildings were evacuated, she said. Fire Rescue secured the gas line and was monitoring the building's gas levels while waiting for TECO to respond Wednesday night. No injuries were reported.
Buildings evacuated after gas leak at Fowler Avenue plaza
© 2015 Tampa Bay Times