Clear81° WeatherClear81° Weather

Carbon monoxide may have sickened Clearwater woman

CLEARWATER — A 45-year-old woman was hospitalized Monday morning after she was found semi-conscious at the site of a possible gas leak, authorities said.

Firefighters found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the home, but have not determined its source.

The woman, who was not identified, was treated by Clearwater Fire and Rescue paramedics who responded to a call at 1640 Ewing Ave. at 10:42 a.m. Her injuries are serious, according to Clearwater public safety spokeswoman Elizabeth Watts.

Clearwater police said the woman was discovered by a friend who called 911. The woman was the only person in the home, a single-story duplex. Carbon monoxide was not detected in the adjoining unit of the duplex.

The investigation is continuing.

Carbon monoxide may have sickened Clearwater woman 01/23/12 [Last modified: Monday, January 23, 2012 2:46pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...