CLEARWATER — A married couple who died in their apartment a day before their oldest son graduated from high school had lethal levels of prescription drugs in their systems, according to toxicology reports released Friday.
Susan and Eric Kinkead, both 35, were found dead in their bedroom on June 9. A family friend called police to check on the couple after one of their four children alerted another friend to say he had not seen his parents in more than a day.
Both husband and wife had taken oxycodone and methadone, according to toxicology reports. Eric Kinkead died from a methadone overdose. Susan Kinkead died from an overdose of multiple drugs.
Their deaths were ruled accidental.