Condos evacuated as precaution during gas leak

LARGO — Fire rescue officials evacuated four condo buildings Friday afternoon after a natural gas leak was discovered.

The four buildings at the New Atlantis Club condominiums at 12760 Indian Rocks Road were evacuated after the leak was discovered just after 2 p.m.

"It's just a precaution in case they gas were to ignite," said Largo Fire Rescue District Chief David Mixson.

"It looks like they have it under control," he said.

Clearwater Gas was en route at 2:50 p.m.

Condos evacuated as precaution during gas leak 04/15/11 [Last modified: Friday, April 15, 2011 4:01pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...