CLEARWATER — Police are asking for the public's help in identifying a man believed to be responsible for a series of armed robberies that began in mid September.
One case involved a stickup at an ATM.
In the other four cases, he took cash from store clerks.
The robberies happened:
• Sept. 18 at Circle K, 3470 East Lake Road, Palm Harbor. The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
• Sept. 19 at Bank of America, 300 Enterprise Road, Clearwater.
• Sept. 20 at Tuesday Morning, 2561 Countryside Boulevard, Clearwater.
• Sept. 20 at Sally's Beauty Supply, 2729 Gulf to Bay Blvd., Clearwater.
• Nov. 3 at Best Buy Beauty Supply, 2510 N McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater.
The robber is white, 25 to 35 years old, about 6 feet tall and weighing about 200 pounds. He has short brown hair and wears a baseball cap.
Clearwater police asked that anyone with information about the man call the Robbery Tip Line at (727) 562-4422, or to remain anonymous, text CWPD and the tip information to 847411.
Anonymous tips can also be submitted through the department's website at www.clearwaterpolice.org.