Deputies: Drug use led to apartment fire
A fire was started at an apartment complex over the weekend by a resident who was using heroin in one of the units, authorities said.
The fire happened shortly before noon Saturday at the apartments at 9920 Grace Drive. Timothy Robert Giampavolo, 35, the tenant in Unit 5, told deputies he was injecting heroin in the bathroom when some paper caught fire, according to a Pasco County Sheriff's Office report. Deputies found the syringe and spoon with traces of drug residue, the report said.
The fire was contained to Giampavolo's unit, the state fire marshal said.
Giampavolo was charged with arson, as well as possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia. He remained Tuesday at the Land O'Lakes jail in lieu of $55,150 bail.