ST. PETERSBURG — Police announced Friday's funeral procession route for Sgt. Thomas Baitinger and Officer Jeffery Yaslowitz, who were fatally shot Monday.
Police expect the procession to be several miles long because of the number of law enforcement vehicles involved. Officers will be stationed at key intersections to allow the procession to pass smoothly.
The procession will begin after the 11 a.m. ceremony at First Baptist Church, 1900 Gandy Blvd., and end at Sylvan Abbey Memorial Park Cemetery, 2860 Sunset Point Road in Clearwater. The funeral ceremony is expected to last about three hours.
The processional route will be as follows:
• Departs church and heads east on 94th Avenue N.
• Turns north on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street N.
• Turns west on Roosevelt Boulevard.
• Continues west and merge with Ulmerton Road.
• Turns north on 49th St. N to cross Bayside Bridge.
• Continues North on North McMullen Booth Road.
• Turns west on Sunset Point Road.
• Ends at 2860 Sunset Point Road (Sylvan Abbey Memorial Park Cemetery).
A brief graveside service will take place with both caskets present. Yaslowitz's body will be interred at the cemetery. The ceremony is not open to the public.
After the service, Baitinger's body will be escorted to a local funeral home to await private family arrangements.
Follow This Just In on Twitter.