Catch a fugitive, take Mom to brunch!
Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay, which offers reward money for information about unsolved crimes, put out a call Friday for tips about five people wanted by law enforcement across Tampa Bay.
But, this being Mother's Day weekend, the news release tied that potential $3,000 windfall to the universal desire (obligation?) to spoil Mom.
"Could you use some extra cash to treat your mother for Mother's Day? Do you know where a Wanted Fugitive is hiding? If so, call Crime Stoppers and we can help," it said.
Then it listed five fugitives being sought for various misdeeds:
• Anetia Denise Austin, 42, wanted by the Pasco County Sheriff's Office, on a charge of attempted first-degree murder.
• Daniel Lorenzo White, 35, wanted by the IRS and Florida Department of Corrections on 39 counts of income tax fraud, aggravated identity theft, wire fraud and violation of probation.
• Kendredge Devon J. McKinnon, 22, wanted by the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
• Rocky Gomez, 36, wanted by the Pasco County Sheriff's Office on two counts of capital sexual battery and two counts of sexual battery.
• Moises Mestanza, 57, wanted by the Pasco County Sheriff's Office on three counts of lewd and lascivious exhibition.
Should you fit this niche of citizen who is plugged into the criminal underworld but lacking holiday spending money, you can contact Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-873-TIPS, or report anonymously online at www.crimestopperstb.com.
And here's a handy list of ideas for how to treat Mom on the big day.