Make us your home page
Instagram

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Man accused of assaulting teen in Oldsmar park faces second charge

A Brandon man arrested last week after deputies said they spotted him having sex with a 15-year-old girl at an Oldsmar park is now accused of sexually assaulting a second girl.

Taurean Roberto Law, 30, sexually assaulted that girl, who is under 16 years of age, in her bedroom on Dec. 15, according to an arrest affidavit. The city where that assault occurred was redacted from the affidavit.

Law was arrested July 7 after deputies patrolling the Oldsmar park noticed him inside of a car with the girl, the Sheriff's Office said.

The two victims are friends, the affidavit states.

Law faces two counts of lewd and lascivious battery, as well as a trespassing charge.

He remained at the Pinellas County jail Tuesday in lieu of $17,750 bail.

Man accused of assaulting teen in Oldsmar park faces second charge 07/16/13 [Last modified: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:36pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...
  1. Deputies: Tampa man killed after car strikes tree

    Accidents

    TOWN 'N COUNTRY — A 24-year-old man was killed early Sunday after he lost control of his car, causing it to hit a pine tree.

  2. O.J. Simpson had a 'conflict-free life'? Not really, not in Florida

    Nation

    LOS ANGELES — When O.J. Simpson told a Nevada parole board last week that he's led a "conflict-free life," he seemed to overlook a few episodes that had him cycling in and out of courtrooms and jail cells for nearly 20 years before the Las Vegas hotel-room heist that sent him to prison in 2008.

    Former NFL football star O.J. Simpson appears via video for his parole hearing at the Lovelock Correctional Center in Lovelock, Nev., on Thursday, July 20, 2017.  Simpson was granted parole Thursday after more than eight years in prison for a Las Vegas hotel heist, successfully making his case in a nationally televised hearing that reflected America's enduring fascination with the former football star.  [The Reno Gazette-Journal via AP]
  3. Baby Charlie protesters to rally as hospital reports threats

    World

    LONDON — Protesters who want critically ill British baby Charlie Gard to receive an experimental medical treatment are planning a rally and prayer vigil Sunday, while hospital officials say emotions are running so high in the heart-breaking case they have received death threats.

    Reverend Patrick Mahoney from Washington DC, centre, speaks to the media outside the Royal Courts of Justice in London, as he joins other Charlie Gard supporters, Sunday July 23, 2017. Protesters who want critically ill British baby Charlie Gard to receive an experimental medical treatment gathered for a rally and prayer vigil Sunday, while hospital officials say emotions are running so high in the heart-breaking case they have received death threats. [Associated Press]