TAMPA — Police say they think one man is responsible for at least 13 South Tampa commercial burglaries in the past month.
Nearly all the burglaries happened between nightfall and dawn, according to a Tampa Police Department bulletin. In almost every case, the suspect busted a window or glass door to get inside and steal cash and cigarettes. No one was injured.
Police said the burglaries happened:
• March 21 just after midnight at the Bayshore Quick Mart, 5435 Bayshore Blvd.
• April 7 at about 5:30 a.m. at the Sunoco Food Mart, 4155 Henderson Blvd.
• April 7 at about 6:30 a.m. at the Rainbow Food Mart, 3302 Westshore Blvd.
• April 8 at about 6 a.m. at the Bayside Deli, 6639 S Manhattan Ave.
• April 18 at almost 1 a.m. at the Swann Market, 1021 W Swann Ave.
• April 18 at 1:35 a.m. at Cakes Plus, 1726 S Dale Mabry Highway
• April 18 at 1:38 a.m. at South Dale Cleaners, 1021 W Swann Ave.
• April 18 at 2:12 a.m. at the Westshore Quick Mart , 6802 S Westshore Blvd.
• Between 5 p.m. April 17 and 8 a.m. April 18 at Mimi's House of Beauty, 3007 W Cypress St.
• Between 7:30 p.m. April 17 and about 7:15 a.m. April 18 at the Alessi Bakery, 2909 W Cypress St.
• Between 6:30 p.m. April 17 and about 8:45 a.m. April 18 at Buddy's Brew Coffee, 2020 W Kennedy Blvd.
• April 18 before 12:30 p.m. at the Victoria Restaurant, 5130 S Dale Mabry Highway
• April 18 before 12:30 p.m. at the Gandy Florist, 5130 S Dale Mabry Highway
The suspect was caught on a few surveillance videos and was described as a white or Hispanic male between the ages of 18 and 30, about 5-foot-4 and between 120 to 140 pounds.
In one video, police say the man fled on a silver or white mountain bike. In others, he was seen leaving in a white dodge pickup truck driven by a woman and in a light gray 1995 four-door Buick Century that resembles a Nissan Maxima.
In most of the surveillance footage, the man was covered up by a hat and clothing and a more detailed description was not available, said police spokeswoman Andrea Davis.
Police ask anyone with information about the burglaries to come forward.
Follow This Just In on Twitter.