LARGO — Here's one way to tell it's spring break season.
Largo police nailed six of 10 businesses for selling alcohol to an underage person during a small sting Thursday night.
They worked with a minor to simulate incoming spring break revelers. The person tried buying alcohol mostly from bars and convenience stores. The businesses that police said attempted sales were:
• Wing House Bar & Grill, 7369 Ulmerton Road
• Circle K, 14111 Belcher Road
• PK's Food Store, 3200 East Bay Drive
• Hess station, 2930 East Bay Drive
• Banana Boat Too, 5858 Roosevelt Blvd.
• The PlayPen, 5858 Roosevelt Blvd.
The salesperson at each business was given a misdemeanor notice to appear.
The four businesses that refused the sale were:
• Wild Willy's Bar and Nightclub, 13355 Belcher Road
• 7-Eleven, 13355 Belcher Road
• Rainbow Food Mart, 2575 East Bay Drive
• 7-Eleven, 5860 Roosevelt Blvd.
Police plan to take more action to prevent underage alcohol sales as spring breakers flood the area, said spokesman Michael Loux.
Follow This Just In on Twitter.