Overcast78° WeatherOvercast78° Weather

St. Petersburg police looking for second suspect in deadly home-invasion robbery

ST. PETERSBURG — Police have identified a second suspect in a violent home-invasion robbery that left a man dead earlier this summer.

Detectives have secured a first-degree murder warrant for Justin Maurice Hart, 23, whose last known address was 4035 Grove St. S in St. Petersburg. Officials also are offering a reward for information that leads to his arrest.

Hart, police said Thursday, was part of a group of masked and armed men who burst into a home at 7014 Orpine Drive early June 19.

The men shouted "Police! Police! Police!" as they stormed the front door and demanded money and drugs. Once inside, they shot homeowner Richard Shaw in the chest in front of his adult son.

Shaw, 41, died a short time later at Northside Hospital. His son was unharmed.

Police made their first arrest in the case about two weeks ago. Charles C. Stone, 28, was booked Aug. 10 into the Pinellas County Jail on a first-degree murder charge.

Police spokesman Mike Puetz said a witness implicated both men in the crime.

More arrests are expected, he said.

Detectives said they believe Hart is armed and dangerous. He was released from prison in 2010 after serving time for burglary assault and burglary, records show.

He also has many tattoos, including the name "Ronnie" on his right wrist, "Vanessa" on his left wrist, and the words "Da Burg" underneath a picture of burning buildings on the inside of his left forearm

Anyone with information is asked to call police at (727) 893-7780.

St. Petersburg police looking for second suspect in deadly home-invasion robbery 08/23/12 [Last modified: Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:41pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...