Clear75° WeatherClear75° Weather

Candle started condo fire at On Top of the World in Clearwater

CLEARWATER — A candle caused Wednesday's fire at On Top of the World condominiums, investigators said.

No one was injured in the fire, which displaced three to five people, according to Clearwater public safety spokeswoman Elizabeth Watts.

The fire was started about 6:20 p.m. by a candle in the bedroom of a third-floor unit. It took firefighters from Clearwater Fire & Rescue about 15 minutes to get the fire under control.

The unit where the fire started was destroyed, Watts said, and the two units directly below had smoke and water damage.

Candle started condo fire at On Top of the World in Clearwater 02/09/12 [Last modified: Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:31pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...