Clearwater fire may have been caused by heater

CLEARWATER — Firefighters responded to a house fire Sunday morning that left the home on Evergreen Avenue a loss.

Clearwater Fire Rescue officials reported there were no injuries.

The house's only occupant, a 91-year-old man, escaped after he heard a smoke alarm, Bay News 9 reported. A central heating system may have started the blaze.

The fire, in the 1300 block of Evergreen Avenue, was extinguished in about 15 minutes.

Fire officials said Sunday they are awaiting a report from the fire marshal before confirming the cause.

Clearwater fire may have been caused by heater 11/07/10 [Last modified: Sunday, November 7, 2010 8:07pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...