Clearwater kitchen fire damages home, displaces three people

CLEARWATER — A kitchen fire badly damaged a home and left three people without shelter Wednesday night, Clearwater fire officials said.

The fire at 913 Evelyn Ave. was reported at 8:19 p.m. It started on the kitchen stove and spread to the attic, said Clearwater public safety spokeswoman Elizabeth Watts. It was put out in 10 minutes, but the damage left the single-family home uninhabitable, Watts said.

Three residents were outside when firefighters arrived. No one was hurt, Watts said.

Clearwater kitchen fire damages home, displaces three people 06/15/11 [Last modified: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 11:18pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...