TAMPA — Firefighters quickly doused a fire that started in a garage behind an east Tampa home Tuesday evening. No injuries were reported.
About 20 responders arrived at 2210 N 32nd St. just before 7 p.m. and brought the fire under control in 10 minutes, according to Tampa Fire Rescue.
The heat from a halogen shoplight left on in the garage had set combustible materials on fire, officials said.
Daniel Fernandez, the property owner, was at the scene when firefighters arrived about three minutes after the call, said Bill Wade, a fire spokesman.
"The fire crews got there so quickly they were able to stop the garage from being destroyed," Wade said. The blaze caused about $1,000 in damage.