Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Dunedin fire causes $110,000 in damage to candle manufacturer

DUNEDIN — A fire Sunday morning caused $110,000 in damage to a candle-manufacturing facility in Dunedin, authorities said.

Dunedin firefighters responded to a call about a fire in a storage warehouse at the rear of 1430 Main Street at 11 a.m. Sunday, according to Fire Chief Jeffrey Parks.

Firefighters were able to confine the fire to a single warehouse unit, which is used by Clearwater Candles as a manufacturing location, according to Parks. It took about 45 minutes to bring the fire under control, and nobody was injured.

An electrical problem caused the fire, which caused $110,000 in damage, Parks said — some $90,000 in lost supplies and $20,000 in damage to the building.

Clearwater and Palm Harbor fire crews also assisted at the scene.

Dunedin fire causes $110,000 in damage to candle manufacturer 03/18/13 [Last modified: Monday, March 18, 2013 11:45am]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours