PINELLAS PARK — A two-alarm dust fire brought several emergency crews to a door manufacturer on 69th Street N on Wednesday morning.
Firefighters from Pinellas Park, Largo and Seminole fought the blaze, which started at about 9 a.m. in a dust vacuum at Bolection Door, 11200 69th St. N, Pinellas Park district fire Chief Gary Berkheimer said. He said crews contained the blaze in about half an hour, and no injuries were reported.
The flames did not extend into the rest of the building, but remained contained in a large vacuum attached to the facility to collect dust and residue from the production process.
Berkheimer said a spark from material used to make doors might have traveled through metal ducts and into the vacuum, igniting the blaze.
A manager for the door company declined to comment at the scene. Berkheimer did not know the extent of the damage, but he said repairs and new parts will likely be necessary in the dust vacuum.
"They're going to be out of work for a period of time here," he said.