Early morning electrical fire destroys Tampa home

TAMPA — Investigators say that the fire that displaced about five people from their home Tuesday morning was caused by an electrical malfunction.

The residents had rented rooms in the house in Tampa's Six Mile Creek neighborhood at 2006 61st St. The fire was reported around 4:30 a.m., according to officials, and when firefighters arrived smoke and flames were billowing through the roof.

When Tampa Fire Rescue extinguished fire, the house was half gone, with the roof caved in. The residents are getting help from the American Red Cross.

No injuries were reported. Investigators were trying to confirm how many people lived in the building.

Early morning electrical fire destroys Tampa home 01/29/13 [Last modified: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:54pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...