PALM HARBOR — A home caught fire in Palm Harbor late Monday. No one was injured.
Firefighters responded to the burning home at 292 Orange St. S about 10:25 p.m. Rescuers contained the blaze near the fireplace, with damage mostly around the chimney.
Seven adults and one infant escaped without injuries. Red Cross will provide temporary shelter for the family, rescuers said.
The fire started in the air conditioning unit, which was located in a void space in the wall that also contains the fireplace flue. The fire quickly spread to the exterior of the structure from that spot, officials said.
Follow This Just In on Twitter.