weather unavailableweather unavailable
Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Electrical fire forces Tampa family from home


Electrical fire in home displaces family

A Tampa family was displaced from its home after electrical wires in the wall caught fire Monday morning.

Tampa Fire Rescue said the home at 4205 E Cayuga St. did not have smoke detectors.

Firefighters were called about 9:20 a.m. and saw light smoke when they arrived. No one was injured. The home's owner and two children have turned to the American Red Cross for temporary housing.

Firefighters installed smoke detectors in the house and canvassed surrounding homes to make sure they also have smoke detectors.

Electrical fire forces Tampa family from home 11/19/12 [Last modified: Monday, November 19, 2012 11:08pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2016 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours