weather unavailableweather unavailable
Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Electrical malfunction sparks Tampa attic fire

TAMPA — An electrical problem in the attic of a Tampa home sparked a fire that caused $50,000 in damage, according to Tampa Fire Rescue.

Fire rescue units from west Tampa, Hilldale, Westshore and Hyde Park responded at 4 a.m. to reports of flames coming from part of the 3107 N Matanzas Ave. home. The fire was contained to the attic and under control in about 15 minutes. No one was injured, officials said.

Electrical malfunction sparks Tampa attic fire 12/28/10 [Last modified: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 2:08pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours