weather unavailableweather unavailable
Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Electrical short starts Tampa house fire

TAMPA — A bed pushed against an electrical outlet sparked a fire in a home near Port Tampa Monday evening, according to Tampa Fire Rescue.

At about 5 p.m., crews responded to a fire at the home of Rafael Trinibal, 6509 Westshore Circle. Trinibal, 74, and his wife were home when the fire started, but escaped uninjured, fire officials said.

Investigators said an electrical short in a wall outlet set the bed on fire. Crews had the fire under control in about 30 minutes. It caused about $60,000 damage, officials said.

Electrical short starts Tampa house fire 05/03/10 [Last modified: Monday, May 3, 2010 9:19pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours