PINELLAS PARK — A fire damaged a family home at 5980 107th Ter. N early Tuesday.
None of the home's six residents — nor the family dog, Casper — was seriously injured in the blaze. Deputy Fire Chief Gary Berkheimer said the family experienced some smoke inhalation but were treated by paramedics at the scene and refused further treatment.
Firefighters weren't sure how the fire started, but believe a candle in a cluttered room may be to blame.
Berkheimer said it wasn't clear how much damage was done to the home, but firefighters had to disconnect the family's electricity while fighting the blaze. Ceiling damage was possible as well.
Fire rescue officials said the family would be assisted by the Red Cross and the Pinellas Park Firefighters Benevolent Association. The second group contributed $300 to help with expenses.