TAMPA — Fire displaced occupants of two apartments Monday afternoon, but all four residents and a dog escaped injury.
The fire broke out after 12:30 p.m. in a garage at an apartment complex at 18002 Richmond Place Drive in New Tampa. It was later traced to a malfunctioning electrical appliance, Tampa Fire Rescue reported.
The fire damaged an adjacent ground-floor apartment and one above the garage, the agency said.
A married couple from one unit and two roommates and their dog from another were working with the American Red Cross and the apartment complex to find new apartments.