weather unavailableweather unavailable
Make us your home page
Instagram

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Fire caused by space heater damages St. Pete home

ST. PETERSBURG — A space heater was deemed the cause of a fire at 5243 Second Ave. N Wednesday, officials said.

Eugene Deskins, 21, was home alone when the fire started in his bedroom at 5:12 p.m. A space heater that was placed too close to a wall ignited belongings near the heater, fire officials said.

"The fire started in the bedroom, then spread up a wall and across the ceiling," said Lt. Joel Granata, spokesman for St. Petersburg Fire & Rescue. A window curtain and bed also caught fire.

The fire was confined to Deskins' bedroom. He was not injured.

Fire caused by space heater damages St. Pete home 02/10/10 [Last modified: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 8:09pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...