Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Fire destroys Tampa mobile home

TAMPA — A 74-year-old man escaped a fire that destroyed his mobile home Tuesday, according to Tampa Fire Rescue.

The fire started at noon, caused by an electrical short in the water heater. Firefighters took about 12 minutes to put out the blaze at the Tropicana Mobile Home Park, 11123 N Nebraska Ave.

The man's home and all his belongings were destroyed. The Red Cross will be assisting him, according to Fire Rescue. No adjacent buildings caught fire, and no one was injured.

Fire destroys Tampa mobile home 05/28/13 [Last modified: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:59am]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours