CLEARWATER — Two people were taken to the hospital Monday morning after a blaze that left a Clearwater apartment uninhabitable.
More than 20 rescue units responded at 10:18 a.m. to a report of a fire at an apartment building at 311 Arcturas Ave.
Upon arrival, according to firefighters, all the residents were outside the building, where they and neighbors watched smoke rise from the scorched roof.
It took fire crews 15 minutes to bring the fire under control.
A 60-year-old man from the unit where the fire started and a 47-year-old female from an adjacent unit were taken to the hospital to be treated for possible smoke inhalation.
The American Red Cross has been contacted to assist the displaced residents.