SPRING HILL -- A fire sparked by propane fumes and a space heater Tuesday destroyed a travel trailer in the Holiday Springs RV Resort Spring Hill, officials said.
The trailer was engulfed in flames by the time crews from Spring Hill Fire Rescue and Pasco County arrived at about 6:30 p.m., Spring Hill district chief Tom Challis said.
Firefighters had the blaze under control within minutes, Challis said. The fire caused minor damage to two adjacent trailers in the park, which is located on U.S. 19 just north of the Hernando/Pasco border.
The owner was working outside on the trailer propane tank when a space heater ignited gas fumes seeping from the kitchen stove, causing a small explosion, Challis said. A woman in a bedroom at the time was able to escape. She was treated for a twisted ankle at the scene. There were no other injuries, Challis said.