DUNEDIN — Two women and three children have been temporarily displaced by a kitchen fire that started when grease ignited Wednesday afternoon, authorities said.
No one was injured in the blaze, which started about 1:15 p.m. at a duplex at 613 Lyndhurst St.
A resident told firefighters that she was cooking french fries on the stove when the grease caught fire.
All five residents evacuated the home before firefighters arrived. Dunedin firefighters kept the fire from spreading from the kitchen; the other unit of the duplex was not damaged.
Damage was estimated $1,500.
The American Red Cross Tampa Bay Chapter is providing temporary shelter to the home's occupants.