Four adults were displaced after a blaze severely damaged a St. Petersburg home Monday morning, a fire official said.
The one-alarm fire was reported at 8:36 a.m in the 4600 block of 19th Avenue S.
About 20 minutes later, the blaze was controlled, said St. Petersburg Fire & Rescue spokesman Lt. Joel Granata.
Approximately 18 firefighters from St. Petersburg and Gulfport fire rescues assisted at the 1,000-square-foot home. The fire, which caused between $35,000-$50,000 in damage, was the result of overloaded electrical cords, Granata said.
No injuries were reported. The Red Cross assisted the four adults.
The homeowner, Desmond Burgess, and his family were watching television when the fire started.