CLEARWATER — A man and three children were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation after a house fire Friday afternoon, authorities said. A fourth child who was at the home at 1434 Kings Highway when the blaze started did not require treatment.
The blaze started in a front bedroom at the one-story single-family home about 1:40 p.m. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the bedroom, which was gutted. The home also sustained major smoke damage.
The cause is still being investigated, but it appears to be accidental, a city spokeswoman said. The American Red Cross is assisting the family of two adults and five children.
The property's manager, Duke Tieman, said the home is rented to a woman named Qaneta Sparks and that her "significant other and five children live there." Sparks could not be reached for comment Friday afternoon.
Rita Farlow, Times staff writer