LARGO — Four people were treated for minor injuries, and dozens more were evacuated after a natural gas leak occurred at Belleair Village Mobile Home Park Friday afternoon, fire officials said.
It happened just after 4 p.m. at the park at 1025 Clearwater-Largo Road. Largo Fire Rescue District Chief David Mixson said there were at least two gas leaks that affected two mobile homes. The leaks were contained at about 5:30 p.m., he said.
Three people were taken to Largo Medical Center, and one was transported to Morton Plant Hospital, most with heat and stress-related ailments, Mixson said.
About 35 to 40 people were evacuated during the response and were allowed to return afterward.