Gas leak forces evacuation of Largo mobile home park

LARGO — Four people were treated for minor injuries, and dozens more were evacuated after a natural gas leak occurred at Belleair Village Mobile Home Park Friday afternoon, fire officials said.

It happened just after 4 p.m. at the park at 1025 Clearwater-Largo Road. Largo Fire Rescue District Chief David Mixson said there were at least two gas leaks that affected two mobile homes. The leaks were contained at about 5:30 p.m., he said.

Three people were taken to Largo Medical Center, and one was transported to Morton Plant Hospital, most with heat and stress-related ailments, Mixson said.

About 35 to 40 people were evacuated during the response and were allowed to return afterward.

Gas leak forces evacuation of Largo mobile home park 08/26/11 [Last modified: Friday, August 26, 2011 8:42pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...