Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Gulfport homeowner rescued as kitchen fire spreads

GULFPORT — Firefighters rescued a homeowner from a one-story house that went up in flames on Tuesday.

The house at 4816 29th Ave. S caught fire just before 6 p.m., according to the Gulfport Fire Department. Flames first erupted in the kitchen, said Gulfport Fire Chief James Marenkovic. The fire, which spread up to the attic, was quickly put out, the chief said.

The resident, who was not identified, was treated by paramedics and released at the scene. The home was partially damaged by smoke and flames, Marenkovic said, but was not a total loss.

The fire was under investigation late Tuesday but was not deemed suspicious.

Gulfport homeowner rescued as kitchen fire spreads 06/07/11 [Last modified: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:37pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours