Fire damages two homes; nobody hurt
A fire burned through one house and caused heat damage to another on Wednesday, displacing six people and two dogs. One cat was killed in the blaze. No people were injured.
An electrical problem likely caused the fire at 4150 Woodfield Ave, said Fire Rescue investigator Abbie Bennewitz.
The fire burned through the attic of the Beacon Square home and destroyed a nearby shed, where the cat's body was found. A woman lived in the house and wasn't home when a neighbor called firefighters at 11:19 a.m. Wednesday.
Firefighters found the woman's dog inside and rescued it. The dog had inhaled some smoke, but looked to be fine, Bennewitz said.
The woman's name was not released. Property records indicate the home is owned by Nanette Ruiz.
Heat also singed the side of the house next door, where five people and a dog lived, causing about $10,000 in damages, Bennewitz said.
Firefighters had put out the fire by 1:35 p.m.
This article has been revised to reflect the following correction: The house fire occurred at 4150 Woodfield Ave., which is owned by Nanette Ruiz, according to property records. Due to incorrect information provided by Pasco Fire Rescue, the original version of this story gave the wrong address and homeowner.