ST. PETERSBURG — Investigators have determined the source of a fire that broke out Monday afternoon in a condo complex near Tyrone Square Mall: It was a homemade brewery system.
An electrical cord hooked up to the system short-circuited, authorities said, causing a fire in one of the units at the Crosswinds Colony condominium complex at 6800 20th Ave. N, according to St. Petersburg police spokesman Bill Proffitt.
The fire was first reported at 1:13 p.m. No one was home at the time but smoke was pouring out from the inside, authorities said, so firefighters had to bust down the door to get to the blaze.
More than a dozen St. Petersburg Fire and Rescue units were called to the scene and quickly extinguished the fire. The owner of the unit has not yet been located.
No one was reported injured in the fire.
Follow This Just In on Twitter.