Mostly Cloudy69° WeatherMostly Cloudy69° Weather

Kitchen grease to blame for Tampa apartment fire, officials say

TAMPA — A pan full of grease left unattended on a stove sparked a fire early Friday that consumed a Tampa apartment, according to Hillsborough County Fire Rescue.

The blaze was reported about 3 a.m. at The Park on Waters Apartments, at 2701 W Waters Ave., fire officials said. When crews arrived, smoke and flames were emanating from apartment No. 306.

Firefighters were able to quickly contain the blaze, which was confined to the single apartment unit. The residents all made it outside and no one was injured.

Kitchen grease to blame for Tampa apartment fire, officials say 07/11/14 [Last modified: Friday, July 11, 2014 7:05am]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...