LARGO — Several units at Cornerstone Pointe Apartments were evacuated early Monday after a fire broke out in the kitchen of an apartment, fire officials said.
The blaze started while a resident was cooking french fries in the 16-unit apartment building, said Largo Fire Rescue spokesman David Mixson.
The fire was reported just before 6:30 a.m. and no one was injured. The fire, which caused "significant damage" to the kitchen, eventually spread to the attic of the apartment, where it was confined, Mixson said.
Electricity to the buildings, at 301 Seacrest Drive, was shut off as fire crews battled the flames, officials said.
Four tenants were allowed back into their apartments.