LARGO — Firefighters rescued cats, dogs and a rabbit from a burning mobile home Thursday afternoon.
The fire was reported at 14099 Belcher Road in Largo about 12:40 p.m. The four adults and one child inside the home escaped from the blaze without injuries, Largo Fire Rescue said.
Firefighters rescued four cats, two dogs and a rabbit from inside. Some cats were unresponsive when they were removed from the home, but firefighters administered oxygen to them with a pet mask.
The flames were extinguished within 10 minutes, fire officials said. The blaze originated from a grease fire in the kitchen.
The residents were being assisted by the Red Cross on Thursday.