weather unavailableweather unavailable
Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Firefighters rescue pets from mobile home fire in Largo

LARGO — Firefighters rescued cats, dogs and a rabbit from a burning mobile home Thursday afternoon.

The fire was reported at 14099 Belcher Road in Largo about 12:40 p.m. The four adults and one child inside the home escaped from the blaze without injuries, Largo Fire Rescue said.

Firefighters rescued four cats, two dogs and a rabbit from inside. Some cats were unresponsive when they were removed from the home, but firefighters administered oxygen to them with a pet mask.

The flames were extinguished within 10 minutes, fire officials said. The blaze originated from a grease fire in the kitchen.

The residents were being assisted by the Red Cross on Thursday.

Firefighters rescue pets from mobile home fire in Largo 02/27/14 [Last modified: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:16pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours