Largo man and pets escape house fire

LARGO — A man was able to get his family's three pets to safety when a fire broke out at their home Thursday afternoon.

"The resident was home but smelled smoke and was able to get the dog, the cat and the bird outside," said Largo Fire Rescue division chief of operations David Mixson.

It appears the fire started in a storage shed attached to the concrete block, single family home at 3749 15th Ave. SE, Mixson said.

"There was significant attic and truss involvement," he said.

The man's wife and son were not home at the time of the fire, which was reported around 1:30 p.m.

There were no injuries.

The fire is still under investigation, but does not appear to be suspicious, Mixson said.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family, which was not identified.

Largo man and pets escape house fire 01/28/10 [Last modified: Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:40pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...